Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Milani Bare With Me

Do you know what day it is? It's Wednesday! And on Wednesday we wear pink!

Last year Milani released a collection of work-appropriate colors--nudes, pinks, taupes, etc. One of them, Bare in Mind, is allegedly a dupe for Chanel Jade Rose. I meant to buy that one but accidentally bought Bare With Me instead. Oops! Whatever. It's pretty.

A side note about Chanel dupes: I have absolutely no interest in polishes that Chanel releases. I would never buy one. But as soon as a dupe comes out? I buy it. I don't know why! I don't even like pink that much on me, why do I want a dupe to a pink polish? Or yellow looks terrible on me, why do I want Electric so much? Aaah!

It's a nice pale pink that starts out sheer (and non-streaky) but is buildable to opaque in 3 to 4 coats. Formula and brush are good. I rarely have to do too much cleanup with Milanis.

A tip about Milanis: a lot of their polishes have dupes in the (much cheaper) Jordana brand. I don't know if this one does or not.